AFDS (CHINA) – Managed by Asia Model Association Committee
- Li Zhen was born in Changting, Fujian province on September 19, 1983. He graduated from Shanghai Donghua University majoring in fashion design engineering. Since 2006, he has been the chief designer and artistic director of various women’s wear brands in China.
- In 2008, He established the Outline for women’s wear and became the first woman’s wear brand advocating structural aesthetics in China.
- From 2006 to 2009, he successively served as the chief designer and artistic director of various women’s clothing brands in China and cooperated with PENNYBLACK JUSTCAVALLI and other famous brands in the world. He has been rated as the most valuable womenswear designer and merchandiser by many media in Shenzhen.
- 2009-2010 is the year he founded Outline. With a legion of market operation, Outline has successfully penetrated into China’s major business circles and won many outstanding achievements, attracting much attention from the fashion industry. In view of the success of cotton and linen cutting design aesthetic, Li Zhen has become to be known as the “cotton and linen cutting master.” He has been invited to Hu’nan satellite TV, dragon TV and other media for interviews on his works.
- In 2016, Li Zhen Shenzhen design studio was established. Li Zhen presented Outline’s AW “silver free” series at China International Fashion Week 2016 and won the top ten China designers award.
- In 2017 Li Zhen presented Outline’s AW “mom’s vegetable garden” series and SS “Touch happiness” series.
- In 2018, the ZRSH was born in Shenzhen and the ZRSH first series for SS2019 was released in Xiamen, inspirations from exploring the world with the soul and changing the life state of all women with creativity.
- Li Zhen is never just a designer. He is thinking about the world, like a nutrient and will always be nourishing every corner of the fashion industry soil.
- Li Zhen is an esteem pioneer member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing China.
Fan Yan Yan
- An icon of sophistication and graceful style, Yan Yan is a renowned China fashion designer, best known for a unique creations of silk scarves.
- The fine-arts graduate believes many artistic treasures scattered along the ancient international trade route harbor “authentic” inspirations from humanity, religion and nature, rather than modern commercialism.
- Unlike her classmates, Fan did not look for jobs after graduating from college in Xi’an in 2000. She went to Dunhuang, Gansu province, to create facsimiles of frescoes in the Mogao Grottoes for two years.
- Dunhuang’s tourism boom after 2002 made her feel uncomfortable. So, she left for Beijing to work as a designer for a scarf import-export company. She quit in 2008, eager for a less commercial opportunity and outlet for her talent. Before that, she got married and became a mother. She spent a whole year at home in Beijing, resting and contemplating her future.
- Fan started her studio to paint on silk－the “best and irreplaceable material”－crystallizing ancient China’s wisdom and beauty. She painted her memories of Dunhuang on silk for 40 days straight.
- Some of the paintings created in those 40 days are exhibited in her studio in Xi’an. She believes those, which she has titled Dream Dunhuang, are her best works.
- Fan and her family returned to Xi’an in 2009, which she thinks is more suitable for her creation because of the city’s historical connection with the Silk Road and the Tang Dynasty－a peak in China’s ancient art and literature.
- Yan Yan launched her eponymous brand “Fan YanYan” in 2009. She integrate tradition with fashion, life with art to tell Chinese stories, and form Fan Yanyan’s silk art with unique concepts and value systems, so that the world can reinterpret the beauty of Chinese silk art and make the world understand and love Chinese traditional culture more.
- Fan Yan Yan has more than 400 patent designs with silk road culture as the theme, forming several major product areas with silk artwork, silk cultural gifts and silk art decoration as the main line, involving products are silk scarves, silk purses, umbrellas, clothing, household goods, etc. Among them, “Freedom”, “Zodiac”, “Pure Land”, “EAWC”, “Pelden Lhamo”, “Encounter” and “Phoenix Comes from the East” and other silk artistic works have been collected by international dignitaries and celebrities or entered the world stage as diplomatic gifts. They have won wide praise from the international community.
- Yan Yan is the first Chinese woman to win the “Artemis Goddess Award” for two consecutive terms, who was honored by the Global Women’s Forum in the US Congress. She was also titled as “the first person in Chinese silk art”. Her works have been collected by former US President Barack Obama, former UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, former Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa, former US Secretary of State and former US First Lady Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton, former New Zealand Prime Minister Jenny Shipley, former Bhutanese Prime Minister Kenzan Dodge, Greek Minister of Tourism Elena Kountoura, former Japanese First Lady Keiko Fukuda, Assistant Director General of UNESCO Hans Doveller, Director of the Silk Road Department of the UN World Tourism Organization Ella Peleva, Secretary General of the International Chamber of Commerce Jean Guy Carriere and other dignitaries.
- Yan Yan is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing China.
- LIN HUI is the Design Director of the LiangZuang brand. She is chief promoter and avid supporter of Gambiered Canton Gauze (GCG).
- LIN HUI hails from Macau and was educated in Guangzhou. She also did study programmes in Paris, France and is now based in Shunde Lunjiao, the supply origin of GCG.
- Her passion for GCG has spanned 20 years since the day she discovered the simple yet elegant fabric. Since then, she resolved to dedicate her life to create modern fashion pieces with an oriental touch using GCG fabric.
- When the Hereditary Board saw her cutting-edge GCG designer pieces, she was tasked to lead the LiangZuang team in the Silk Route Artistic Fund Show 2019 to exhibit their creations overseas.
- In 2019, LIN HUI and her team won the Silk International Fashion Week Award for New Work, for their modern take on the fabric.
- Following that, they were invited to be part of an entourage of the National Artistic Fund delegation and travelled to Mongolia, Russia, Italy, and various countries to spearhead China’s hereditary culture.
- LIN HUI is an esteem member of the ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase representing China.
Yang Chun Lin aka Gu A Xin
- Yang Chun Lin, famously known as Gu A Xin is a China entrepreneur, and fashion designer who was born on 15th March 1989.
- This award-winning designer is a native of Miao Village in south eastern Guizhou Province.
- Gu A Xin – the name given by his father, has both a Miao and Chinese meaning to it – “Gu A Xin” means “hope” in Miao and in Chinese accent means Gu A Xin directly.
- A Xin’s father registered the “Gu-A- Xin” clothing company, in hope that “Miao” elements of clothing to be passed on to the new generation of young people. Unfortunately, due to his father’s illness, the company did not start operation after starting the company.
- During A Xin first year in college, he always tried to find things that he could create and sell, he and his friends set up a street stall selling Miao Village crafts and launched the Gu-A-Xin brand, featuring Miao village special products, silver jewellery, handicrafts, and some upcycled ready-made garments incorporated with Miao village traditional elements. Unhappy with these ready-made garments, it sparked off the artistic and creative side of A Xin, propelling him to design his own garments and gradually transforming the street brand into a well-known and popular local brand.
- A Xin is not a design major. He graduated from Xi’an University with a major in journalism, and because of the natural acumen of journalism, it made it easier for him to edge out the difference between Gu-A-Xin and other China clothing brands.
- His forte is Miao embroidery – exaggerated, bold, and abstract. It is full of imagination of the mysterious world of dragon and phoenix, traditional auspiciousness, fishes, deer, longevity and wealth, auspicious beasts, blessing peace, butterflies, and children just to name a few. He hopes that this will make more people to aware of the beauty of Miao embroidery, and this also enables Miao women with the skills to be able to pick up the embroidery needle again to create a livelihood for their families.
- In 2008, Gu A Xin won the Silver Award of Guizhou Intangible Cultural Heritage. In 2009, Gu A Ain won the “Colourful Guizhou” Skilled Craftsman Gold Award. In 2011, Gu A Xin developed the men’s cotton and linen embroidery series and won the National Embroidery Award Silver Award. In 2012, Gu A Xin won the top 20 of Shaanxi Innovation Competition.
- In 2013, Gu A Xin was invited to Dragon TV’s “Dream Cube Program” and in 2014, opened stores in Xi’an Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Beijing Qianmen, Shanghai Tianzifang and many other places. In 2015, he participated in the financial channel “Dream Next Stop” and won the Dream Fund Card, which was well received by entrepreneurs.
- Gu-A-Xin style is one that most people can connect with, not only it is classy, but traditional too. It is funky and chic. Many celebrities and people love his designs.
- Gu A Xin is an esteem member of the ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase representing China.
Alo Lo is an award-winning fashion designer from Macau. He developed an interest in apparel design from a young age and remembers his mother working at the sewing machine in his room. Alo used to listen to that sound of the machine while falling asleep and till today, it still evokes a feeling of joy within him.
In addition to fashion design work, Alo also does hair styling and styling work. He has created many hair and image designs for major fashion shows and hair shows around the world and has many celebrities and is the celebrity’s queen hair stylist in Macau.
Alo realized that hairstyling is not a dominant element as compared to fashion design. He studied a diploma in fashion at Macau Productivity and Technology Transfer Centre (CPTTM). After graduation, he decided to forge his path in fashion design so he could tell his own personal story. And Alo has been doing just that for the past 10 years now.
In 2013, Alo and his classmate founded AURALO ARTE and since their first spring/summer 2014 collection, AURALO ARTE has staged shows across Hong Kong, Taiwan, and the rest of Asia. The brand is endorsed and worn by local celebrities, was nominated as the most valuable brand of 2016 (Macao) at the Fashion Asia Awards, and was the designated clothing brand of Miss International Macau 2016-2018. Targeting young women aged 25 to 40, AURALO ARTE offers romantic and feminine items.
In 2020, Alo Lo started his own brand – SARA LOLO. The brand SARA LOLO is named after ALo’s mother, who evokes ideals of a princess and happiness for him.
Femininity is the key word for SARA LOLO, which is expressed through a mix of Eastern and Western elements using a variety of sewing techniques to create a very feminine beauty. The inspiration for the brand designs is based on Macau, adding different Chinese and Western elements such as Western imperial styles, and Chinese embroidery.
Always focusing on fashion, art and culture can create a lot of inspiration for him. At the same time, he can also use fashion to express modern classic stories and bring more positive messages to everyone. Alo has always considered himself as being culturally affluent. It is his passion to dress people and to explore creativity. He does not fall back in experimenting and taking risks as an artist.
Alo has won many awards – In 2016, he won the annual fashion brand award at the Fashion Asia Macao Awards. 2019, he won the IEQBA Quality Brand Selection Award for International Potential Brand Award and the Beauty Master International Beauty Award for being influential beauty brand award. At the SIM Performing Arts Festival 2020, he won the Best Model and Fashion Award and the INSTITUTO CULTURAL de MACAO Fashion Design Subsidy Program from 2015 – 2020, for outstanding fashion design works.
Alo Lo is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing China.