Fadzil Hadin – Head, AFDS (Brunei)
- Dubai based fashion designer, Fadzil Hadin was born in Brunei and was introduced to fashion at a very young age. His mother’s clothing atelier, CHANTIQUE, had a great influence on Fadzil’s life and that’s what made him pursue a career in fashion design.
- The year 2017 witnessed Fadzil Hadin taking over as creative director and fashion designer from his mother. He then introduced the label to Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- In July 2018, CHANTIQUE received the prestigious ‘Modest Fashion Award‘ by The Islamic Fashion and Design Council in Torino , Italy and also during the same year showcased the first ever modest fashion show called ‘ Modest Soirée” at Milan Fashion Week 2018.
- CHANTIQUE comes from the Malay word ‘cantik” meaning beautiful from the Sultanate Kingdom of Brunei Darussalam.
- Magical twist of fashion between Asia meeting Middle East to give you unique individual pieces drawn from Malay, Chinese and other ethnics heritage. Rich modern designs with embellishments, embroidery and beadworks.
- CHANTIQUE always creates a feminine, romantic, stylish and captivating styles.
- Fadzil Hadin is an esteem pioneer member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase representing Brunei Darussalam.
- Atiqah Ismail is a self-taught Bruneian designer, who started pursuing fashion design in 2009 in the United Kingdom, drawing her design inspiration from well-preserved historical and modern buildings, mega-structures and nature. She graduated from Newcastle University in Bachelor of Science in Marketing and later in Master of Science in Operations and Supply Chain Management. Her proficiency in business operations and entrepreneurship has propelled her in launching her passion in fashion in 2015 into a renowned, luxury fashion brand in Brunei.
- Atiqah also has a prominent presence in Brunei’s youth leadership scene, with involvements in charity and social works on the promotion of art and creativity, youth development, raising awareness on women empowerment and domestic violence, and providing aids for strays and animal rescues.
- In 2017, Atiqah was recognized as top 33 women under 33 to watch in Brunei for her potentials and achievements in fashion and entrepreneurship. She has been invited to speak on her achievements and experiences, and also invited to collaborate with lifestyle businesses, local artists and creatives. Her work as a fashion designer for XOIA has been published in multiple media channels such as Borneo Bulletin, The Bruneian, Biz Brunei, Media Permata, Pelita Brunei, and Nation Thailand.
- Atiqah is now focusing to expand XOIA’s presence within the ASEAN region and abroad.
- It is also her vision to see and help the fashion industry in Brunei to thrive and continue to inspire aspiring designers to follow their dreams, create their own opportunities and to go beyond the borders.
- XOIA, pronounced zho-ya, is a fashion designer brand based in Brunei Darussalam. The design concepts at XOIA revolve around minimalist lifestyle with a utilitarian take on elegance and androgynous fashion.
- The XOIA brand was first established in 2014 offering fashion statement accessories founded by three women. Later in 2015, XOIA was re-established to focus purely on fashion design.
- XOIA is now succeeded by a Bruneian designer, Atiqah Ismail, also one of the initial founders of the brand in 2014.
- Ismail’s designs and styling at XOIA runs on passion for arts, with focus on the combination of rawness, edginess, and virility, which influence the XOIA clothing line today.
- Atiqah Ismail is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Brunei Darussalam.