Bandid Lasavong – Founder, AFDS (Laos)
- MEN Folder is a Lao brand that started in 2012.
- Bandid Lasavong, a talented and passionate young Lao, left his career as an engineer to pursue his dream of fashion. Seeing the need for well-tailored menswear in the emerging Lao market, he started his atelier – MEN Folder that providescustomisation services that appeal to the modern day Lao men’s needs.
- His brand emphasises both casual and formal styles that features men’s clothing and accessories.
- Since its humble beginning, MEN Folder has been dressing many Lao celebrities in the entertainment scene and also many high profile state events.
- Bandid is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Laos.
- Winner of the 1st Lao Young Designer Project, Siamphan Chanthavichit was born on November 24, 1997. Born and raised in Pakse city – Champasak province, South of Laos. Siamphan Chanthavichit or Billy as he is affectionately known to all, graduated high school in 2015. With fashion designing being his passion from the very beginning, Billy started designing clothes as soon as he turned thirteen and has never looked back ever since.
- Part of the prize for winning the Lao Young Designer Project, was the scholarship to study in Paris, France, in a 6-month intensive fashion design course, at the prestigious ESMOD School of Fashion Design and Business School. Upon his return from Paris, Billy presented his collection; a collection of couture in red and black, as the finale for Lao Fashion Week 2016.
- In the August 2017, Billy participated in Air Asia’s Ready to Wear – Runway Designer Search 2017 and represented Laos at Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week 2017. Billy soon completed designing outfits for the launch of his label, BILLY l’amour de ma vie which made its debut at September Lao Fashion Week 2017.
- Accredited to the ground breaking success of his label, Billy started dressing all of Laos pageant queens and celebrities. Billy also got a chance to create beautiful gowns for Phouvong Jewelry 65th anniversary show recently.
- Billy may be only twenty one years old but he has definitely surprised the critics and proved to the fashion industry that he is here to stay.
- Billy is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Laos.