- A Malaysian fashion designer based in Johor; Even Ong works on womenswear.
- Even Ong studied fashion design and graduated from the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA) located in Singapore, in 2017. Afterwards, she moved to Singapore in order get more work experience as a fashion designer, where she enjoyed tremendously and appreciated the healthy competitive atmosphere.
- Two years later, she armed with fashion design experience, as a fashion designer with the International fashion houses that she worked with, Even created her label – BRIDE K’OLLECTION for womenswear.
- Even Ong’s work is recognized as being well-made, playful, feminine and inventive. Her designs are characterized through inspiration from art, popular culture and many a times there is a reference to the cult or infamous figures, aiming to interpret these in a more modern way.
- Her womenswear range use different methods of fabric manipulation to create more dimensional fabric and incorporates the innovative silhouette
- BRIDE K’OLLECTION is a womenswear label that designed for women to be more independent, empowered and to help women stand up for themselves. She hopes to give every woman the means to style her own life, and providing their lifestyle with sense of confidence.
- Even is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Malaysia.
- Inspired by her mentor Dato’ Professor Jimmy Choo, Fion Poon is making great efforts promoting a heritage into the fashion scene. She studied under Choo for eight years and has now started two lines of shoes and handbags made from batik and songket, traditional art and wear in Malaysia.
- Fion’s aim has been specially to make Malaysians proud, and in the process, she has made the international community raise their eyebrows at the potential of such Malaysian designers.
- “To continue learning and to remain inspired are the most important aspects of a designer’s life. The journey has been challenging but it is satisfying. 26 years as a designer, has taught me a great deal and continue to teach me as I go about my passion.”
- Unique in her signature style, she aspires to make Malaysia proud.
- Fion is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Malaysia.
- Up-and-coming young Sarawakian fashion designer Wan Bainun Wan Zaizodin, is driven by her passion for fashion as well as a strong desire to contribute to the local weaving industry, using Sarawak ethnic designs.
- Barely five years since she graduated with a degree in fashion design from Universiti Teknologi Mara, she has already made a mark in the fashion business in her home state of Sarawak and has started her own business and fashion line with a boutique, Wan Bynun, in the city.
- But it has not been a smooth ride for Wan Bainun. Without any capital to start her business in the early years when she returned to her home state after completing her studies, she had to contend with working as a customer service officer in a telecommunications company.
- Determined to start her own fashion business and open a boutique, each month, she would stash away a large part of her salary as capital for her business. She also sold some of her clothes to local boutiques and vendors in shopping centres to earn money to start her business.
- In 2016, armed with a small capital of only RM6,000 and the support and prayers of her parents, Wan Bainun achieved her dream and opened her boutique in the middle of Kuching city, China Street.
- At the same time, she knew she had to keep her ears and eyes open to the dynamic fashion industry and so she began joining any and every fashion competition held locally and overseas.
- These included the Sarawak Fashion Award 2016, Sarawak Fashion Fiesta 2016, Borneo Fashion Week 2017 and the Borneo International Beads Conference Fashion Show 2017.
- Slowly but surely, she began to build a reputation for herself, especially after winning second prize in the Sarawak Fashion Award competition in 2017.
Last year, Wan Bainun was chosen to represent Sarawak in the Indonesia Modest Fashion Week 2018 in Jakarta in the young designers’ category.
- Wan Bainun stands tall today knowing that she has carved her own territory in the fashion industry where one risky move can make or break a designer.
- Wan Bainun is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Malaysia.