Orson Liyu – Founder, AFDS (Malaysia)
- Orson Liyu is hailed as one of Malaysia’s top icon in the fashion industry. His talents are many, namely model, make-up artist, hair and wardrobe stylist, head piece designer and fashion designer.
- Orson’s journey into the fashion industry began as a model at a tender age of 14 and since then, he has risen to be one of the most sought after male models in the nation. Beside modelling, Orson continues to climb the fashion ladder by garnering accolades from the hair, make-up, image styling for local & international tvc, fashion magazines and the music industry.
- His biggest achievement so far is the award for one of the top four creative make-up artists of 1999 by Yves St. Laurent, awarded by Moèt & Chandon, in recognition of his contribution towards the Malaysian Fashion Industry as a Malaysian Designer in 2001. Head piece/Accessories Designer for Swarovski Spring/Summer 2003 exhibition show in Malaysia, recently appointed as Main Designer for L’Oréal International hair fashion night gala 2016 in Pavilion Malaysia.
- A self-trained designer, Orson has demonstrated his versatility ranging from Pret-a-porter, after five, evening wear, bridal gown and haute couture.
- Orson is an esteem pioneer member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Malaysia.
- Micheal Ooi
- The Penang-born designer graduated in 2015 from the Equator College Penang with a Diploma in Fashion Design Technology. Having a passion for fashion designing at a young age, Micheal aimed to score 10As in SPM examination, enabling him to get a can full scholarship to study fashion. He graduated with both the Best Student award and Best Fashion Design Technology Student award that year.
- Upon graduation. Micheal started his homebased business – Micheal Ooi Made-To-Measure and MOFactory.
- While MOfactory offers a wide range of trend-setting ready-to-wear, Micheal Ooi Made-To-Measure specialises in customisation of gowns for brides to be.
- High-end fabrics, bold and fresh manipulations, constant and meticulous research go hand in hand with his ambition and will to create something new and modern.
- Micheal combines love for aesthetic with functionality, mixing fashion design with his industrial design background, collaborating with artists outside or within the fashion world, in order to create a revisited a modern, sophisticated and clean ideology.
- Come 1st January 2018, Micheal Ooi will open his atelier at Bukit Mertajam, Penang.
- Micheal is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Malaysia.