Mogok Pauk Pauk
- Born in Mogok, Myanmar, Mogok Pauk Pauk was a very creative child and was always interested in all kinds of arts. At age 15, she started as a makeup artist. In 1988 she moved to Yangon from her hometown Mogok in Mandalay Region to work in the movie industry with her teacher Sandy, a costumier for actress Moe Moe Myint Aung, and that is when she picked up tailoring. Shuttling between Yangon and Mogok, she dedicated her time to both makeup and dressmaking, especially for brides.
- She has flourished as a fashion designer since 2000. In 2006 she went to Milan, Italy, to study fashion design. After 18 months she returned and started confecting traditional robes, gowns and evening dress for actresses, jewellery models, cosmetics fairs and magazine photo shoots.
- Since 2011 she has specialised in fashion design. Under the brand Mogok Pauk Pauk: Haute Couture, she produces Myanmar traditional wedding dresses, gowns, evening wear and cocktail wear.
In 2013 she launched the ready-to-wear brand Chic Pauk, which continues to thrive in its niche market.
- Pauk Pauk has judged The Model Academy, the first reality TV show about grooming a supermodel in Myanmar. The Channel 7 show ended in 2014, but she continues to lay down the law in the reality competition show Style Secret.
- In 2015, Pauk Pauk opened her atelier – MOGOK PAUK PAUK COUTURE, a work space and showcase for her silk and acheik designs. Realising that her acheik designs were in demand, Pauk Pauk, started her ready to wear line, FGM by Mogok Pauk Pauk, that creates very affordable acheik styles from the modern day Myanmar market.
- Pauk Pauk is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Myanmar.
Ma Myint Zu
- Based in Yangon, Ma May Moe Phyu is a fashion designer from Myanmar. She studied and completed her degree in fashion design at Parsons School of Design, New York.
- Afterwards, in 1990, she established her atelier Zu Zu Collection. For twenty eight years, the label garnered extensive popularity from around the world.
- Ma May Moe Phyu, addressed by family members and close friends as Myint Zu, and her philosophy in doing the fashion business is to give customers satisfaction. She specialities in Traditional and Modern Wedding Dresses, fashion wear and red carpet evening gowns for celebrities and socialites.
- Myint Zu is one of the most significant names of the fashion platform in Myanmar, she has displayed her designs at Traders Wedding Fashion Show in 2009, 1st Fashion Phenomenon MGDF Show in October 2011 and 2nd Fashion Fair of MFDG in September 2014, all in Myanmar, and at the Asian Fashion Week at Maizura City, Japan in May 2013, Asian Tourism Gala Night Dinner Fashion Show, Raffles Hotel in Singapore, January 2017 and ICCG GLAL Night Fashion Show in 2008, 2014, 2016 and 2018.
- Currently, she is the President of FDEA ( Fashion Designer Entrepreneur Association) and is in charge of organizing events, collaboration and promoting Myanmar Designers both locally and overseas.
- With achievements and contributions to the fashion industry like Myint Zu’s, one can say that she has surely left an indelible mark in the industry and will become a role model for many young fashion designers to follow in the years to come.
- Myint Zu is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Myanmar.
- From the delicate black tutu she made as a 12-year-old in Paris to the dramatic floor-length creations she constructs today in her atelier in Yangon, Charlotte Barjou has always bought the magic of the theatre to her designs. For Charlotte, a dress is not just a series of stitches, it is a story woven into fabric – a story that can be retold every time the piece is worn.
- Her childhood was spent at the sewing table of her neighbour – a costumier at the world-famous Opéra National de Paris – where Charlotte learnt everything there is to know about dress-making: from delicate stitching to modélisme, the intricate art of draping fabric. From then on, every moment of her spare time was spent creating new designs for her friends and family.
- As demand for Charlotte’s designs grew, she opened her own weekly pop-up online shop, La Création du Jeudi (Thursday’s Creations), where she launched one new design every Thursday. But by then, Charlotte knew that she needed to find a place in the world where she could spread her wings, somewhere she could turn her design dream into a reality. So in 2014, she packed her bags in Paris and headed to Myanmar, a country only then just opening up to new opportunities.
- Charlotte’s return ticket to Paris was booked for four months later, but after 48 hours in Yangon, she decided to stay, and it was here that her new brand, Charlotte Barjou Design, was born.
- Charlotte’s intricate designs require the work of highly skilled artisans: she has recruited a talented team of Myanmar seamstresses and, with help from teachers from Paris, has trained them in the very best of haute couture craftsmanship. Charlotte prefers to use only sustainable fabric which she sources from Paris, Italy and Thailand, as well as using the very best and most beautiful material from her adopted home country of Myanmar.
- Charlotte works and lives in Yangon with her husband, Adrien, and baby Jade.
- Charlotte is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Myanmar.
Min Thu Ryein
- A Myanmar fashion designer based in Yangon, Min Thu Ryein was born on July 20, 1990.
- Min Thu Ryein started designing clothes as soon as he turned thirteen and has never looked back ever since.
- This young self-taught fashion designer, Min Thu Ryein created his eponymous label for traditional Myanmar attire and started his atelier – Maison Min Thu Ryein mode et Design in 2011. With overwhelming orders of clientèles, he started his own production workshop along with 6 full time staff in 2013.
- In 2015, Min Thu Ryein was 3rd runner up in Myanmar’s hit reality fashion design show “Style Secret”.
- Min Thu Ryein’s work is recognized as being well-made, colourful, playful and inventive. His designs are characterized through inspiration from popular culture. The fashion designer has acquired the likes and admiration of many for his signature twist on classic tailoring and bespoke style.
- Min Thu Ryein has always been attracted to fashion – he loved dressing and inventing his own personal style. So far, he is happy with his career as he has done shows, produced collections, dressed up famous and regular clients.
- Min Thu Ryein is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Myanmar.
Zin Myat Myat Win
- Myanmar fashion designer Zin Myat Myat Win, known as Zin Zin simply, was born on 10 February 1991.
- She was raised and studied till high school in her home town – Pakokku which is a small city, in Magway State, located in the middle region of Myanmar.
- At 16, Zin Zin moved to Mandalay to further her education and graduated from Yadanarbon University Mandalay, majoring in Industrial Chemistry (BSc, IC) in 2010.
- As a young person, she had an instinctive appreciation of art and fashion in her heart.
- After graduation, she followed her heart and when on to study fashion related courses in Mandalay.
- In 2014, Zin Zin joined Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Singapore, to pursue a fashion design diploma.
- In 2017, during her final year graduation show, she won the ‘Ready-To-Wear Award’ and graduated with Diploma in Fashion Design.
- In October 2017, Zin Zin was selected as one of the top 10 emerging designers and her collection was presented in Men’s Folio designer competition.
- Quite recently in January 2018, she set up her first eponymous boutique – ZIN, in Mandalay, consisting of men’s and women’s wear.
- Zin Zin carries out interdisciplinary research and frequently collaborates with different artists to create her uniquely treated creations. She is a relatively young designer stands tall today knowing that she has carved her own territory in the fashion industry where one risky move can make or break a designer.
- Zin Zin is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Myanmar.