- Very few names in the Asian fashion industry carry such weight and prominence as Hayden Ng (海登). Popular with celebrities, beauty pageant title holders and professional women, his eponymous boutique HAYDEN carries his line of elegant evening gowns and cocktail dresses.
- Born in Singapore, Hayden started his career while still a teenager. In 1987, he rose to acclaim when he dressed Miss Universe Singapore 1987 who was a Top Ten finalist that year. This was the turning point for the self taught, young fashion designer. Later that year, at age 21, Hayden opened his fashion boutique HAYDEN.
- In 1988, Hayden showcased his designs in Australia, and later, he represented Singapore in the Dalian Fashion Festival in China. Since then, he’s added theatre costume design to his repertoire and taken on the role of Chief Costume Designer for Singapore’s National Day Parade from 2001-2003.
- In 2006, Hayden was nominated for the Straits Times’ 6th LIFE! Theatre Awards for best costume designer.
- In 2009, Hayden returned to his beauty pageants roots, and dressed Miss Universe Singapore from 2009 to 2011.
- In 2015, Hayden contributed to the SAF50 Commemorative Book, “Giving Strength to Our Nation: The SAF and Its People” with an article entitled “Uniform – Fashion vs Function”. The SAF50 commemorative book, “Giving Strength To Our Nation: The SAF and Its People”, is a collection of stories that celebrate the men and women of the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF), past and present, as well as those outside the military who have contributed to building a strong SAF over the years.
- In September 2015, Hayden created the ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase.
- This original showcase concept premiered in Singapore in April 2016, is a melting pot of various unique and carefully curated couture designs and ready to wear collections by established ASEAN designers.
- Hayden is the esteem pioneer member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Singapore.
Terry Yeo – AFDS Logistics Director
- Known for experimenting with leather, plastic, crochet and paper; Terry Yeo is the Willy Wonka of the Singapore fashion industry. Born on 19th September 1979 in the Singapore, Terry has established his name in the industry by his wickedly original ideas and designs.
- In 2007 he went on to study at the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Singapore and the University of Huddersfield, where he graduated with BA(Hons) in Fashion Design. Before he started his degree, he got a chance to work with big names of the industry like Metro, Giordano, Astro Boy Fashion, Beverly Hill Polo Club and Hush Puppies. He was also actively involved in design projects with Motorola, SingTel, Paragon and The New Paper.
Terry has also won several prestigious accolades, including being the 1st Runner Up in the Young Singapore Fashion Designers Contest, a national competition, amongst others.
He graduated in 2008 and started working on his own line and opened his studio “The InSane Studio” in 2009. This studio represents the sanity of one’s dreams and making it possible as Terry wanted to create a new fashion statement experimenting with the unconventional style. Taking on non-mainstream projects like “Melissa AW15 Launch”, where dresses were made in paper for their show and 27 ways to cut a tee for “Samsung Fashion Stepout 2013”. He loves to explore far out of the box ideas and bring them to live. He is one designer that doesn’t go by the trends but does what he thinks is right.
- In 2018, Terry will launch a new label, “ThisLabelIsUnknown”. This fashion label is about exploring the dark grey line between genders, making it an androgynous fashion label. Aiming to propel modern fashion and make androgyny fashion more accessible to the mass. This label also represents the unknown venture of fashion foresight as everything is now timeless and genderless.
- Terry is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Singapore.
- At a young age, Joanna found her passion in Gymnastics. With every routine having to be precise and executed within a specific time frame, its inculcated perseverance and sheer determination to perform every move with perfection. The blends of flexibility, rhythmic movement and power has led her to cultivate disciplinary habits whilst finding ways to express herself through movement. Despite going through arduous training and pressure, her love for the sport has become a part of who she is as an individual and ultimately shaped her to who she is today.
- Drawing parallels to Gymnastics, Joanna believes that fashion is a captivating subject and is about expressing your identity. Her aesthetics aim to reinterpret a concept and recreate the work through her creative mind and eye. Understanding how the body functions and what it is capable of, gives Joanna the idea of how clothes can be interpreted and designed. Translating what was once flat to a three-dimensional one, “after-all, the body does come in various shapes and sizes and not just a thin sheet of paper.”
- As a textile designer, “I want to bring prints and textile manipulations as a form of a messenger between the wearer and viewer. I believe that I can turn art and facts into something more definable and wearable.”
- Joanna aims to design and construct clothing to tell her audience a story through visuals, which in this case, through the garments. The cuts, colours and fabric choice are elements of the storyline. And the outfit functions as a character – the wearer’s identification.
- Joanna’s believes in – Interpretation. Innovation. Identity.
- JOANNALSM is a rising couture fashion brand by Singapore-based designer Joanna Lim.
- In a world of mass production, JOANNALSM is a house of custom bespoke looks that seek to embody the distinct style of every wearer. Fashion and art fuse together in collections that challenge the norms of texture, technique, and form.
- The mirrored N in the JOANNALSM logo represents the challenge that Lim has set herself: to push the label’s boundaries ever further whilst staying retrospective — always seeking an inner identity, a call from within to be different and true to oneself.
- With every handmade piece, the label aims to encapsulate a story; one that is only and fully yours.
- JOANNALSM label started in the heart of Singapore’s Lasalle College of the Arts in 2017 by Joanna Lim for a graduate collection. Back then, Joannalsm launched 3 collections, Yuan, Basadung and Layered Imprint, all odes to the designers’ interpretation of different societal aspects.
- The label has collaborated with both local and overseas artists, feeding off each other’s artistic vision with the collective goal to create something harmonious in fashion. In 2018, Joanna worked with local designer Esther Choy, from Esh by Esther, and created Nomad City. A collection aiming to capture the essence of what it means to be an on-the-go modern woman in a bustling metropolitan city.
- In late 2019, Ashley Thio, a Business Developer, joined the label with goals to take the brand to further heights. Together the duo run JOANNALSM and have gone full-fledged into business.
- In 2020, the label launched their first festive line in honor of the Lunar New Year and produced Oriental Punch, a modern take on a historical holiday.
- Joanna is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase representing Singapore.
Joanne Quak & Joanna Lim
- B1NARY or B-NARY is a Singapore based fashion label founded by fashion and textiles designers – Joanne Quak and Joanna Lim, creating womenswear and menswear from prints inspired by the pluralism surrounding the designers’ lives.
- Bringing to the table exclusive edgy-looking classics that relates with your urban lifestyle. Timeless silhouettes with bold prints. Delicate textiles used with an unexpected twist. Serving as your daily muse of a wardrobe that combines attitude with a laid-back feel.
- It is created for the generation of people who are unafraid to speak up, passionate in forging their own paths, perceptive to a fault.
- They are here to design clothes that inspire you to embrace the familiar with the strange.
- B1NARY or B-NARY started at the start of 2020.
- Both founders are graduates of Lasalle College of the Arts, both specialising in Fashion Design and Textiles.
- The label is designed to offer products and accessories which can be customized and tailored as per customer requirements, enabling people to get their favourite piece that fits them well.
- They aim to work with social enterprise platform such as Tamar Village, and believe and aim, to support NGO NPO. They believe in contributing back to the society and are also exploring ways to enhance the whole supply chain, looking, and working with local resources.
- Joanne Quak and Joanna Lim are esteem members and fashion ambassadors of the ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase representing Singapore.
- Pooja has been in the fashion scene for 11 years. She started out as a wardrobe stylist for local shows such as SuperModel Me, In Cold Blood, Diary of Amos Lee, and other TV Commercials. Her experience and journey in fashion has allowed her to work with some of the most acclaimed, accomplished, creative and influential international designers and brands such as Manish Malhotra, Tarun Tahiliani, Abu Jani & Sandeep Khosla & Anita Dongre.
- Her involvement in the Audi Fashion Week & Fide Fashion Week has refined her skills in styling and increased her passion for fashion.
- Pooja has had an affinity for fashion and design since young. To her, fashion is never about a certain trend or style that needs to be followed. Instead, it is a way of redefining and expressing oneself each time.
- Her meticulous and enterprising attributes, her desire to bring fresh, unique, and innovative designs that tell a different story each time. Pooja believes that individuality speaks fashion.
- GÜVEN -The Label
- Bold but never boring, Modern but never monotonous, Quirky but never quaint.
- Güven is a one-stop menswear fashion premium brand that brings the best bespoke style designed for every man.
- The brand strives towards quality and uniqueness above quantity.
- From minimalistic to prints, to bold colours, the brand evokes a sense of confidence and distinctiveness in every design crafted.
- Using only the finest quality of fabrics to cultivate flawless pieces, Güven aspires to tell a story behind every style.
- Worn by men, loved by women because confidence is always in style.
- Pooja is an esteem member and fashion ambassadors of the ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase representing Singapore.
Eyvon Koh & Terry Yeo
- Curvaceous Gowns Singapore is Singapore’s first and only Plus Sized Gown Speciality Boutique.
- Fronted by owner Eyvon Koh, as she has a keen eye for making plus size ladies look stunning and radiant on their special day. The philosophy at Curvaceous Gowns Singapore is that one should all have equal chances of looking gorgeous on your special day no matter what size you are.
- Terry Yeo, a fashion designer of 20 years gown experience was introduced by a mutual friend to Evyon in 2017. In 2018, Eyvon and Terry collaborated and started designing and making customised gowns for brides. Terry also started designing mini capsule collections for Curvaceous Gowns Singapore.
- Over the years of partnership, they have come to learn that designing collaboratively means to make something that transcends the sum of its creators. A collaborative design process can be challenging at times—especially at the beginning. But getting out of their own heads and incorporating collaboration into their design process is worth the effort because it improves their work. Especially if they are collaborating not just with other designers, but with people who add different perspectives and lived experience that enriches their work.
- Eyvon Koh and Terry Yeo are esteem members and fashion ambassadors of the ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase representing Singapore.