- Very few names in the Asian fashion industry carry such weight and prominence as Hayden Ng (海登). Popular with celebrities, beauty pageant title holders and professional women, his eponymous boutique HAYDEN carries his line of elegant evening gowns and cocktail dresses.
- Born in Singapore, Hayden started his career while still a teenager. In 1987, he rose to acclaim when he dressed Miss Universe Singapore 1987 who was a Top Ten finalist that year. This was the turning point for the self taught, young fashion designer. Later that year, at age 21, Hayden opened his fashion boutique HAYDEN.
- In 1988, Hayden showcased his designs in Australia, and later, he represented Singapore in the Dalian Fashion Festival in China. Since then, he’s added theatre costume design to his repertoire and taken on the role of Chief Costume Designer for Singapore’s National Day Parade from 2001-2003.
- In 2006, Hayden was nominated for the Straits Times’ 6th LIFE! Theatre Awards for best costume designer.
- In 2009, Hayden returned to his beauty pageants roots, and dressed Miss Universe Singapore from 2009 to 2011.
- In 2015, Hayden contributed to the SAF50 Commemorative Book, “Giving Strength to Our Nation: The SAF and Its People” with an article entitled “Uniform – Fashion vs Function”. The SAF50 commemorative book, “Giving Strength To Our Nation: The SAF and Its People”, is a collection of stories that celebrate the men and women of the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF), past and present, as well as those outside the military who have contributed to building a strong SAF over the years.
- In September 2015, Hayden created the ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase.
- This original showcase concept premiered in Singapore in April 2016, is a melting pot of various unique and carefully curated couture designs and ready to wear collections by established ASEAN designers.
- Hayden is the esteem pioneer member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Singapore.
● Terry Yeo – AFDS Logistics Director
- Known for experimenting with leather, plastic, crochet and paper; Terry Yeo is the Willy Wonka of the Singapore fashion industry. Born on 19th September 1979 in the Singapore, Terry has established his name in the industry by his wickedly original ideas and designs.
- In 2007 he went on to study at the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Singapore and the University of Huddersfield, where he graduated with BA(Hons) in Fashion Design. Before he started his degree, he got a chance to work with big names of the industry like Metro, Giordano, Astro Boy Fashion, Beverly Hill Polo Club and Hush Puppies. He was also actively involved in design projects with Motorola, SingTel, Paragon and The New Paper.
Terry has also won several prestigious accolades, including being the 1st Runner Up in the Young Singapore Fashion Designers Contest, a national competition, amongst others.
He graduated in 2008 and started working on his own line and opened his studio “The InSane Studio” in 2009. This studio represents the sanity of one’s dreams and making it possible as Terry wanted to create a new fashion statement experimenting with the unconventional style. Taking on non-mainstream projects like “Melissa AW15 Launch”, where dresses were made in paper for their show and 27 ways to cut a tee for “Samsung Fashion Stepout 2013”. He loves to explore far out of the box ideas and bring them to live. He is one designer that doesn’t go by the trends but does what he thinks is right.
- In 2018, Terry will launch a new label, “ThisLabelIsUnknown”. This fashion label is about exploring the dark grey line between genders, making it an androgynous fashion label. Aiming to propel modern fashion and make androgyny fashion more accessible to the mass. This label also represents the unknown venture of fashion foresight as everything is now timeless and genderless.
- Terry is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Singapore.
● Sylvia Lim – AFDS Pop Up Store& Retail Director
- In 2012, Sylvia Lim and a duo of friends conceived their vision of a fashion label dedicated to the happy, free spirited and world savvy woman – Triologie. Four years later, this womenswear label is an award winning enterprise sweeping its first Asia Enterprise Brands Awards in 2016 under the Vanguard Category.
- As a teenager, the intricate world of textile design and fashion & fabrics fascinated her. Having studied at the famed Central St Martins’ College in London, alma mater of John Galliano and Stella McCartney, Sylvia took on freelance jobs as textile designer for Laura Ashley, Max Mara and Marks & Spencer.
- Being a textile designer allowed Sylvia to put her own brand of garments with cheery appeal. “We want to create happy prints on happy dresses!”. The collections soon caught on with appreciative customers, especially those who are well travelled, who move from wearing renowned fashion labels to collections that afford quality, comfort and wearability. And supporting a local brand!
- While working in London, Sylvia also spearheaded the Singapore Creative Network UK – An independent organization focused on connecting Singaporeans in the creative industry who are based in the UK; Growing it from 50 to 500 members. This catalytic initiative sparked Sylvia’s lifelong passion in creative collaboration and community development amongst talented Singaporean designers.
- Today, The Emporium, also an award winning enterprise in the Asia Enterprise Brands Awards in 2016 under the Brand Morphosis Category, is home to various fashion labels and merchandise that include furniture and curios, which share the space owned by Sylvia. The Emporium is a synergized platform that local designers, of complementary trades across multi- product categories, partner with to commercialize their brand. “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts when we collaborate. This is the beauty of collaboration, it brings about new possibilities, creates interesting adjacencies and makes everything more affordable!”
- Consistently on the lookout for synergetic partnerships and unique local brand stories to Singapore’s retail forefront, Sylvia believes that businesses are not independent entities but a community operating on a shared plane. Every brand, every product has a story. Like an avid storyteller, Sylvia is fervently driven by the impending growth and success of Singapore’s uprising designer talent pool.
- With a fashion-centric career spanning over 25 years, Sylvia has evolved from an educator, fashion label designer, multi-brand merchandiser to business owner. Within 4 years, she grew both Triologie and The Emporium from zero to a multi million revenue business. She actively gives back through charity and mission work in India, knowledge transfer and education; In the form of mentorship, incubation and giving people opportunities through collaboration. Sylvia has recently been awarded the Woman Entrepreneur Award 2017. The Emporium, together with Triologie remain as Singapore’s pride brand stories and leading retail platform for home grown independent designers.
- Sylvia is an esteem members of the ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase representing Singapore.
- As a designer, Esther likes to pay attention to the details found within each garment. Be it the finishing on the inside or the small, concealed pocket which shows the though and consideration that goes into each and every one of her designs. Being a female designer designing for women, she likes to empower the women she dresses through strong, almost masculine silhouettes, yet not forgetting to let the wearer’s innate femininity shine through the clothes.
- ESH’s aesthetic is based upon the duality of gender in clothing – marrying masculinity and structure with the fluid female form. Drawing inspiration from strong women in history, ESH showcases the alluring qualities of androgyny with masculine pieces coupled with a woman’s innate femininity. The layering of separates and the deliberate clashing of knitted and woven textures and materials create a look distinctive unto ESH, representative of the multi-faceted modern day woman. Created mainly for a customer not unlike herself, ESH’s designs aim to exude effortless chic and empower her audience with quiet confidence.
- Esther is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Singapore.
● Audrey Tang & Fiona Seah
- Audrey Tang and Fiona Seah graduated from LASALLE College of the Arts in 2016 with a BA(Hons) in Fashion Design and Textiles, specializing in Creative Pattern Cutting.
- “One Day We Forayed” is a bespoke womenswear label, they founded on a simple goal to revive the craft of beautifully-made garments. Advocating the slow-life movement and catering to women who wish to venture off the beaten path. They are neither swayed by trends nor forecasts, and respond directly to every customer’s wants and needs; tailoring them accordingly to realise the fantasies of a modern day woman.
- Audrey + Fiona are esteem members and fashion ambassadors of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Singapore.