On September 7-11, ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase was invited to showcase on the runway for Makassar International Eight Festival & Forum (F8), part of the top 10 charismatic events organised by the Ministry of Tourism & Creative Economic for the beautiful archipelago of the Republic of Indonesia.
Representing ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase was our honorable Chairman and Singaporean fashion designer Hayden Ng, together with one of Thailand’s well known fashion designers, Pitnapat Yotinratanachai. This large capacity festival attracted more than a million attendees, held at Losari Beach Makassar in the island of South Sulawesi. Makassar is known for its tourist attraction with surrounding islands to explore, dutch architecture of Fort Rotterdam to experience, seafood lovers’ heaven to indulge and just a really beautiful destination for holiday seekers.
Hayden Ng showcased his magnificent Ready To Wear capsule collection while Pitnapat Yotinratanachai brought his gorgeous Demi Couture capsule collection to the runway at the F8 Festival. AFDS esteemed Regional Partner LT Pro, brought together a team of Hair and Makeup artists who worked seamlessly with the brief to capture the style and look forboth designers.
AFDS was developed to raise awareness and appreciation for the unique style and diversity in the Asean region while promoting greater cross-cultural and creative collaboration. Growing mainstream regional awareness for fashion designers and models while nurturing up-and-coming, local fashion designers and models. Video by Iksan Colly | Iksancolly photography.
Choreo : @deacyhayer
Music Director : @arfayip
AFDS International PR Director : Neva Weber | Dressed AU
Here is a sneak peek of what you can expect to see from this exciting showcase of 93 International Designers from all around the world and Grooming & Deportment Masterclasses from Ms Ida Ong of IMP International, and Makeup Masterclasses from LT PRO (OFFICIAL) Make Up Team.
BLOCK these dates… 5 – 8 Aug 2021. STARTS AT 8 PM (+8 GMT). “LIVE” Streaming from
Even Ong is a Malaysian fashion designer based in Johor; and she specializes in womenswear.
She studied fashion design and graduated from the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA) located in Singapore, in 2017. Afterwards, she moved to Singapore in order get more work experience as a fashion designer, where she enjoyed tremendously and appreciated the healthy competitive atmosphere.
Two years later, she armed with fashion design experience, as a fashion designer with the International fashion houses that she worked with, Even created her label – BRIDE K’OLLECTION for womenswear.
Even Ong’s work is recognized as being well-made, playful, feminine and inventive. Her designs are characterized through inspiration from art, popular culture and many a times there is a reference to the cult or infamous figures, aiming to interpret these in a more modern way.
Her womenswear range use different methods of fabric manipulation to create more dimensional fabric and incorporates the innovative silhouette.
BRAND PROFILE – BRIDE K’OLLECTION
BRIDE K’OLLECTION is a womenswear label that designed for women to be more independent, empowered and to help women stand up for themselves. She hopes to give every woman the means to style her own life, and providing their lifestyle with sense of confidence
Even Ong presented edgy ladies fashion, while Nicky and Gracie presented luxurious mens wear.
Singaporean designer, Sylvia Lim presented her line of fun designs and AFDS Premier Founder, Hayden Ng presented his ultra feminine SS2020 collection – Reflections of WOW! Both designers sourced their inspired by their homeland, Singapore.
● Hayden Ng – HAYDEN BOUTIQUE – SINGAPORE
● Micheal Ooi – MOfactory – MALAYSIA
● Lenny Agustin – Lenny Agustin – INDONESIA
● Natacha Van – Natacha Van Collection – CAMBODIA
● Fadzil Hadin – #CHANTIQUEBRUNEI, BRUNEI
● #LIZHEN – #THEZRSH – CHINA
● Zin Myat Myat Win – #ZIN – MYANMAR
● Ho Tran Da Thao – Tsafari by HO TRAN DA THAO – VIETNAM
● Bandid Lasavong – MEN folder – LAOS
● Pitnapat Yotinratanachai – Pitnapat – THAILAND
● Pat Santos – Pat Santos – Fashion Designer – PHILIPPINES
● Sylvia Lim + Jennifer – The Emporium Group – SINGAPORE
AFDS Model Ambassadors and Guest Models –
● Bee Bee Biebee – Miss tourism Laos 2018 ● Mumee – MISS TOURISM QUEEN OF THE YEAR INTERNATIONAL, Laos 2018 ● Yui – Miss Supranational Laos ມີສຊຸບປຣາເນຊັນແນລລາວ 2018 – Laos ● Wern Duangthip – Miss World Laos 2018, 1st Runner Up – Lao ● Jan V – Pinay Beauty Queen Academy Reality TV Show, 2nd Runner up and Philippine Next Top Model , Top 10 ● Cherry – Professional Model – Philippines ● Hannah -Mutya Ng Pilipinas Top Model of the World 2017 and AMA Asian International Supermodel 2017, 1st Runner Up – Philippines ● Pauline – World’s Best Models – Philippines 2018 Female Winner, and Miss Supermodel globe 2019,1st Runner-up – Philippines ● Rodina – Ford Models Supermodel of the World 2008, 1st Runner Up – Philippines ● Ali – World’s Best Models – Philippines 2017,1st Runner Up – Philippines ● Hano- Professional Model – Malaysia ● Jeff – Professional Model – Philippines ● Teler – Top actor, singer and presenter – Laos ● Willy – Top actor and singer – Laos ● CoCo – Professional Model and Fashion Influencer – Myanmar ● Meena – Mrs Singapore World 2015/16 – Singapore
GUEST MODELS –
● Jess Cayrrezah Tan – Professional Model – Penang, Malaysia ● Poupay – Winner of WOW Laos Reality TV Show – Laos ● May Nelamith – Miss World Laos 2018, Miss Popular ● Dominic – Professional Model – Malaysia ● Bryan – Profressional Model – Malaysia ● Richie – Professional Model – Thailand ● Danny – Professional Model – Malaysia ● Ming – Professional Model – China
ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), all selected designers, models, partners and volunteers are on a pro-bono basis i.e. all professional work undertaken are voluntarily and without payment.