ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase (Laos) #Founder and #fashionambassador #Laos – Bandid Lasavong – MEN folder at Sule Shangri-La, Yangon Wedding Fair – ICONIC INSPIRATIONS
Showcase Video courtesy of Mr Clifford Yap.
Models – Carrie Models International – Myanmar
Show Director – Mr. Brian Jeremiah #AFDS (Myanmar) #Founder
– Designer Profile –
An icon of sophistication and graceful style, Ha Linh Thu is a fashion designer, known for a unique sense of dressing and style.
Brought up in a traditional family of three generations working in the art fields, Ha Linh Thu has been influenced by a kaleidoscope of Asian culture at a young age. This has propelled her great passion for the study of Asian cultures and combining this with her love for fashion.
Ha Linh Thu graduated with a Bachelor in graphic design from the Industrial Art Design Institute in 1999 and went on to work at Labor Newspaper. There, she was in charge of graphics and technical drawings and has been awarded the “Best cover of the Year” by Vietnam Journalism Committee yearly from 1999 to 2006.
In 2006, Ha Linh Thu started HALINHTHU with the focus on the elegance of Asian women. Ha Linh Thu’s philosophy is that the charm of women are hidden in the elegant cuts and the soft shine of garments. With the principal material of silk, Ha Linh Thu’s contemporary and elegant designs have become very popular as they go beyond the conventional perception of traditional material used in traditional costumes.
For her achievements in fashion designing, Herrera received many awards, such as the “Best Costume” prize at Shanghai International Modern Olympic 2002, “Person of the year” by Wallpaper magazine (Vietnamese edition), Runner up at “International Young Fashion Entrepreneur Award” held by British Council 2008.
Ha Linh Thu is considered as a woman with an amazing personal style, design sense and good attitude.
Ha Linh Thu is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Vietnam.
– Designer Profile –
The Penang-born designer graduated in 2015 from the Equator College Penang, with a Diploma in Fashion Design Technology. Having a passion for fashion designing at a young age, Micheal aimed to score 10As in SPM examination, enabling him to get a can full scholarship to study fashion. He graduated with both the Best Student award and Best Fashion Design Technology Student award that year.
Upon graduation. Micheal started his home-based business – Micheal Ooi Made-To-Measure and MOFactory.
While MOfactory offers a wide range of trend-setting ready-to-wear, Micheal Ooi Made-To-Measure specialises in customisation of gowns for brides to be.
High-end fabrics, bold and fresh manipulations, constant and meticulous research go hand in hand with his ambition and will to create something new and modern.
Micheal combines love for aesthetic with functionality, mixing fashion design with his industrial design background, collaborating with artists outside or within the fashion world, in order to create a revisited a modern, sophisticated and clean ideology.
Come 1st January 2018, Micheal Ooi will open his atelier at Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia.
Micheal is an esteem member and fashion ambassador of the ASEAN Fashion Designer Showcase representing Malaysia.
#AFDS Regional Partners –
● LT PRO (OFFICIAL)
● Inka , Meisye, Mutya, Rini and Tores, mua + hair
With loads of love from ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase #fashionambassadors,
● Hayden Ng – HAYDEN BOUTIQUE
● Audrey Tang & Fiona Seah – One Day We Forayed
● Esther Choy – ESH by Esther
● Yuki Unawan T – YUNA
● Itthikorn – Itthikorn
● Lenny Agustin – Lenny Agustin
● Hannie Hananto & Neera – #HANNEERA
● Melvin Shah – Atelier Prive By Melson
● Orson Liyu – #ORSONLIYU
● Natacha Van – Natacha Van Collection
● Nguyễn Quốc Bình – #QB
● Viengkham Nanthavongdouangsy – KHANG
● Bandid Lasavong – MEN folder
#AFDS Support Partners –
● Ida Ong – IMP International
● Valerie Yves – Valerie Yves
● LT PRO (OFFICIAL) Makeup and Hair Team
● Irene Ho – The Luxury Network Singapore
● Fion Poon – FION POON
● Molee Maneechot – MANEESILP HAND MADE
● LT PRO (OFFICIAL)
ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), all selected designers, models, partners and volunteers are on a pro-bono basis i.e. all professional work undertaken are voluntarily and without payment.
● CONCEPT CONCEIVED BY Hayden Ng. Copyright © Hayden Ng, All Rights Reserved™ ●
● Friday – 4th November 2016 at MATRADE Exhibition & Convention Centre – MECC.
WOMEN WEAR COLLECTION – 1230 hrs – 1315 hrs
● Hayden Ng – HAYDEN BOUTIQUE, Singapore
● Yuki Unawan Tangkaravakoon – YUNA, Thailand
● Natacha Van – Natacha Van Collection, Cambodia
● Lenny Agustin – Butik Lenny Agustin, Indonesia
● Hannie Hananto – #anemon, Indonesia
● Nguyễn Quốc Bình – #qb, Vietnam
● Phạm Đăng Anh Thư – Joli Poli, Vietnam
● Orson Liyu – Orson Liyu, Malaysia