ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase was conceptualised in Aug 2015 by Singapore fashion designer, Hayden Ng.
- The showcase has been developed to help raise awareness and appreciation for the unique style and diversity in the Asean region and to promote greater cross-cultural, creative collaboration.
- A unique opportunity to see the carefully edited haute couture and ready to wear collections representing the best of Asian interpretations of haute couture and street fashion
- Trunk Show with Pop-Up Store featuring leading ASEAN fashion designers
- Tour of ASEAN cities, beginning in Singapore, in 2016
The Aim –
- To grow the interest in Diversity and the Asian Identity
- To foster a deeper understanding and interest in the ASEAN fashion industry
- Each of the participating designers must host all participating designers in their respective countries
- Each designer will oversee the event they are organising that best represents the ASEAN Fashion Designers Showcase
- Showcase and foster good ASEAN relationships
- To put ASEAN Fashion Designers into the global map
- To achieve mainstream regional awareness for fashion designers and models while nurturing up-and-coming, local fashion designers and models
- To mentor fashion designer students, who have volunteered for this project – so that they can find their design direction in the near future